I have learned that for many nursing mothers, low milk production is a common issue – both when starting to nurse and when returning to work (and at other times too). I found some great items to help milk production and cookies seemed to be an easy thing to add to my new busy life. The original recipe was a little heavy and I lightened it up using Splenda and applesauce. I eat one to two of these a day with a glass of milk. Josh enjoys them too!
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup(s) SPLENDA® Splenda sugar blend for baking
- 1/2 cup(s) SPLENDA® Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 cup(s) regular butter
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp yeast, Brewer’s Yeast
- 3 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats. chips and raisins.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple of minutes then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a bag with a piece of bread or freeze – they thaw really quickly. They will dry out if stored in a plastic bag for more than a day or two,
Makes 24 cookies
Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 6